Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April Goal Review

1. Write 5 letters.
2. Read 3 books.
3. Run 2x per week.
4. Use only dSLR pictures on the blog.

Yeah, let's not even bother reviewing how badly I failed on this month's goals. (Though I did exercise quite a bit). I have had another month where I just haven't really felt up to anything. I don't know if it was the cold weather that came back to haunt us for a few weeks or maybe I was just in a mood (for two months...) but I'm starting to feel a bit more like my old, annoyingly happy self again. :) I'm hoping this feeling lasts and allows me a lot more energy this month.

I will be making goals for May, but I'm thinking of having them be not quite so...goal-y. They will be goals, yes. But maybe ones that don't revolve around housework and other things I feel that I never quite have enough time for. You'll see. :)

How did the rest of you do on your goals for the month?

4 comments:

  1. Yes! 1) Read two books, 2) Send an "i'm deploying" email to folks w/ my address, 3) Call people before i actually get on the plane to say by and pass on skype/phone info, 4) Humor my mom when she gets all sad that i'm leaving for so long :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been doing well with my goal of getting back on track with reading. I always feel better when I am reading a couple of books at a time. Even though I never actually get through my massive stack of "to read" books due to the fact that I continue to buy books at a rate of about 6 a month, I am thoroughly back to enjoying delving into new worlds and losing myself in the words and imaginations of the authors. I have read 12 books this year, not quite as much as I had hoped but more on track than last year. So, there is hope for me yet! Hang in there, Dietz and maybe set smaller, more specific goals for those months that feel more challenging. That way, when you easily attain them and even surpass them, you will feel fantastic! It's a mindset :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should suggest that. :) I'm posting my May Goals soon (tomorrow maybe?) and I've set some more easily attainable goals. :)

      Delete