Thursday, May 31, 2012

*waves white flag*

The other day I decided to try my hand at photography again. And by that I of course mean take pictures on auto with my husband's fancy dSLR. I have no idea what I'm doing and it's not real photography, but whatever, it makes me happy. After taking and editing a few pictures of my garden I decided, duh, I'm going to blog about it!

After editing my pictures, I remembered that I had wanted to start watermarking the ones that I put on my blog. I mean, we know everyone wants to steal my super amazing, fine art quality photographs right?! I just thought it would be best practice to start doing so anyway. I remembered the last time I tried to do this from Aperture, I couldn't. I learned recently that you apparently can but unless I'm a huge idiot there's like 10 fonts to choose from, all in pre-determined sizes. (Please note: I'm no Aperture expert so there very well could be a much better way to do this.) I thought I had previously downloaded Gimp so I went searching for it only to find that we had Adobe Photoshop Elements. So. Excited! (I don't really know anything about it except that other bloggers have said it's great.)

So I open it up and away I go adding a cute little watermark to my photos, feeling all proud of myself because it's so freakin' easy with Photoshop and the hardest part was choosing the font. Then I tried to upload to blogger. *cue evil music* I could not figure out how to do it. With Aperture I could get right into my saved files and find the ones I want. My photoshop edited photos were nowhere to be found. Sigh.

After lots of frustration and google searches (which were so not helpful by the way), I pretty much gave up. Then this morning I actually figured out a way to do it (hence the watermarked pictures in this morning's post) but I'm pretty sure I'm going about it in a very round-a-bout way.

Here's where y'all come in. Hopefully someone out there has had the same sort of problem and/or knows way more than I do and can help me!

1. Is there a better way to watermark photos in Aperture? i.e. with more fonts and better capability of changing the size/color.

2. Is there an easy way to get photos from Photoshop to blogger? (My files are saving to some weirdo folder that I can't find easily)


I really really hope one of you is much smarter than I am and can help!!! :)



Disclaimer: I was not asked to review or compensated for reviewing any of the above mentioned products. I am not connected to any of the companies or products in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment