Saturday, June 23, 2012

I ran...

...one whole mile today. And it hurt (but not my hip, I'm sure that will come later). Doing nothing for almost two months has really taken it's toll on me. If you're confused, you can read here about my stupid hip problem. I'm still calling it this because we're still not 100% sure what's wrong with it. I did, however, finally get my MRI reviewed and saw the orthopedist last week. Of course, my hip felt fine that day and did not pop or crack as it usually does during the exam. Not. Once. He also said my MRI didn't show anything alarming. Sigh. So we decided to do several things....

1. Resume activity. Hoping that this will irritate my hip a bit and help us get a better idea of where the pain is coming from during my next appointment/scan.
2. Have MRI-arthrogram. (It's basically an MRI where they inject dye into your hip first to look for other things.)
3. Get cortisone injection at same time as they're injecting dye for arthrogram.

Yes. You saw the word injecting twice. Like into my hip. Not the surrounding areas, into the joint. I do not like needles. Forget the fact that I have 7 holes in my ears and a tattoo, I hate needles. Just thinking about these injections give me anxiety. I've heard they hurt, a lot. And I'm really not looking forward to that. :/ Fortunately, Manny will be home from training so he can come with me. I've already forewarned him that I will probably cry.

For now I'm trying not to think about it and being happy that I can start exercising again. :)

Sorry for the (probably) boring post, but hey, it's what's going on. :) Stay tuned, an update on the house drama soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment