Tuesday, June 12, 2012

We Don't Visit, We Conquer

Fair warning: This post contains lots and lots of pictures. Not saying they're good, there's just a lot. ;)

When my family visits a place, the don't just visit. They want to see and do as much as possible. This last visit from my dad and brother was no exception. The first day they were in town we had breakfast, visited the base, went to the Commissary (more on that later), and drove to Cincinnati to go to a Reds game. Our seats were wayyyy up there but we had an awesome time! :) I even got to eat some cotton candy. I love cotton candy.


On Saturday we started early(ish) and headed to the Air Force Museum. Our town happens to be home to the National Museum of the US Air Force, and it's pretty spectacular. Both of the boys loved it but my dad was especially enamored. He loved the WWII section more than anything. I got brave and brought the camera along because I decided I'm never going to get better at using the thing if I don't start making some mistakes with it. ;)

Dad and Middle Brother at the Museum


A father-son moment.

Being the typical 14 year old he is, Middle Brother decided he was interested in anything and everything explosive.


Oh look, more explosives.


I'm not 100% sure whether they're saluting, or shielding their eyes from the sun. :)

We actually spent the whole morning at the museum, took a lunch break, and then went back for another couple hours. It was awesome! I love the museum and find something new to ogle at every time I go.

When we finally called it quits on the museum, we headed out for a little shopping and sushi. I took Dad and Middle Brother to our favorite sushi restaurant. After dinner we were pretty exhausted and decided to call it a night. The three of us decided that getting more than 5 hours of sleep was really necessary.

On Sunday, the dogs and I picked up the boys and headed to the dog park. We learned that Ella likes to play fetch with a frisbee and that Louis is more interested in barking at other dogs and rolling in smells than playing fetch. We then headed back to the house for a final round of doggie good-byes and headed out for lunch before going to the airport. Dad even snuck some more shopping in there. He knows I'm a sucker for office supplies.

Oh? I forgot to tell you about the Commissary. Ok, so my dad has this thing, he loves grocery stores. I'm really not sure how this came to be but, seriously, the man loves nothing more than a new grocery to explore. He actually told me on Sunday at lunch that his favorite part of the trip was visiting the Commissary. Whatever makes you happy, Dad. :)

3 comments:

  1. I can give everyone 10 good reasons why they should love the Commissary, but I will leave that for another day. Although I did love the Commissary, I loved seeing my beautiful daughter even more. Ev and I had a wonderful time. Love, Dad (By the way, was the visit really only 2 1/2 days?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When did your brother get so tall?! Insane.

    ReplyDelete