Sunday, July 8, 2012

Random Thoughts for the Day

You may have noticed I was 8 days late posting my July goals and that they weren't that exciting anyway. I actually wrote that post several days ago but lots of things have happened and I never did make it to the computer to post it. Manny was home for a week between a couple stints of training, so of course that didn't leave much time for blogging. In addition to packing and going to the pool and packing some more, we went to the Dayton Air Show on Saturday. Somehow we ended up with these really awesome tickets that allowed us access to a "chalet" with "air-conditioning", chairs, food, drink, and a non-porta-potty bathroom! We would have gone and had fun regardless but having someplace to cool off and a real bathroom to use was really clutch since it was 103 outside.

I'm starting to feel a little ovewhelmed by the fact that we're moving really soon. I mean, it's not like this is breaking news or anything. It's just the fact that when you're moving across the country (or at least halfway) there are so many things that need to happen in tandem. I've forgotten how nerve wracking it can be to try and coordinate everything. I guess all I can do is try and have all my little ducks in a row and deal with whatever comes our way. :)

In unrelated news, I dumped coffee on my computer a couple weeks ago. Not intentionally, of course. I tried using denatured alcohol to clean it today, but it is still quite sticky. It runs ok, but if I didn't have it hooked up to a separate monitor and keyboard I don't think I'd be typing this because several keys and the spacebar still stick. I guess for now I'll just keep it hooked up here until I decide whether or not to file a claim and replace it. :/ I do love my old school MacBook though. Sigh.

That's all for now. I'm off to prepare for my last week of work! (yikes!)

1 comment:

  1. My goals are very similar...I have three weeks left and haven't even started packing!

    ReplyDelete