Monday, August 6, 2012

weekly money check-up: 8/6/12



Yay! I finally have time to do a money check-up! I'm really hoping to take this time at home to get some good blogging done.

1. The most I've spent this last week was...can I just say Lowe's. We've spent quite a bit of money on supplies for our new house. New front door fixtures, paint for the front door, wall sconces (to replace some awful ones) and a few other things. Now that I think of it, I need to do a house post.

2. Today I am thankful for some time off. I know recently I was complaining about my time away from work but I realized this morning I have time to spend with my dogs and continuing to unpack/organize my house. I do have an interview (hopefully more than one) this week so it may be short lived, but I'm happy to have the time that I do.

3. Money can't buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was...um, this one is hard. When you move, everything costs some money. But I guess watching the Olympics counts. ;) We don't even have cable, just an antenna, so I guess it really was free!

4. I will consider this week a success if I get all of the boxes out of the garage and into their appropriate rooms...and maybe get some more unpacked. ;)

5. I am trying to incorporate more water in my diet. Ok, right now I'm not trying that hard. I've been on a serious Diet Coke kick. But I really really really need to drink more water.

I'm linked up with weekly money check-up, a series hosted by Ginna over at My Pretty Pennies. Click on over and check it out!

4 comments:

  1. Yay Olympics!! I hope everything is going well with your new house!! I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i miss you too! the house is great. just TONS of unpacking to do! :)

      Delete
  2. Soda's hard to quit but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know it! i just reallllllly like diet coke! ;)

      Delete