Monday, September 17, 2012

review: e.l.f. eyeliner

Remember that time I got all excited and was going to share with y'all my favorite books, products, etc...and then didn't? Well, I recently bought something that I just had to review.

I was doing some research on bargain cosmetics because this girl has come into her makeup obsession a little late in life and makeup can be ex.pen.sive! I'm not saying I regret having spent...well, a lot...on my Urban Decay eyeshadows (that I'm still obsessed with) but the frugal girl deep in my heart really wants to know if some of the bargain stuff is just as good. So anyway, I was recently doing research on good substitutes and I heard that the e.l.f. eyeliner (sold for $1 at Target) is super awesome and just as good as the expensive stuff (I think it was even specifically compared to Urban Decay). So I decided why not give it a try?! Even if it stinks, I've only wasted $1! And I've been really wanting Urban Decay's "Flipside" which is a really awesome teal. But to be 100% honest, I really don't have the expendable income to spend $19 on one eyeliner at the moment. So I decided to check out e.l.f.'s "Twinkle Teal" and see what all the fuss was about.

photo credit: e.l.f. webiste


Likes:
- is a really pretty color and totally satisfied my teal eyeliner craving
- only $1
- comes with it's own sharpener

Dislikes:
- if I had to have one, it's that you have to go over it a few times to get the true, rich teal color
- it isn't super "creamy" (the hot word in eyeliners), but that really doesn't bother me

Worth the $:
Um, yes!

In fact, I went back a couple nights later and bought the purple, a shimmery black, and a liquid gold sparkly one. Because, hey, they're only $1. :)



Do you have any bargain brands that you love even more or just as much as the expensive stuff?! I'd love to hear about it!




Disclaimer: I was not compensated in any way for reviewing this product. I'm just SUPER excited about my eyeliner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment