Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Recipe: Scalloped Sweet Potatoes

I see stuff on Pinterest all the time that I like. Food. Clothes. Makeup. Nails. Every once in a great while (actually, I think this is only the second time this has happened) I decide to actually make/do something I see on Pinterest. So yesterday we decided to try the aforementioned scalloped sweet potatoes.

According to Manny, they get a husband approval rating of 3 out of 5 and could "use some work." If we made it again we'd try some different cheese so that it's a bit more melty. We love us some melty around here.

Here's our finished product.


Doesn't look quite like the one on Pinterest but, hey, this is real life. ;)

We mostly followed the recipe, but made a couple of substitutions. Original Recipe Here

What We Did:
Ingredients:
2 regular sized sweet potatoes
1/2 of one medium onion, grated
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 tbsp flour*
1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
black pepper*
a little bit of nutmeg*
1 tsp salt*
1 tsp of Fresh Sage, finely chopped*

Instructions:
1. In a bowl add the milk, grated onion, swiss cheese, salt, sage, flour, nutmeg, and black pepper.
2. Grease a 7x11x2* casserole dish and put one layer of sweet potatoes and then pour some* of the milk mixture over the top. Continue to layer until you have run out of potatoes and milk mixture.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

*The italicized items are ones for which we did not follow the recipe exactly.


2 comments:

  1. I can definitely get behind this concept. I love sweet potatoes! I might have to try it out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete