Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Goals for the Rest of This Week



I used to make monthly goals, but for months and months on end, when I would come back to review how I'd done on my goals the month previous, I would find that I had forgotten all about them and had therefore not completed a single one. I eventually stopped personal goal setting altogether because I never had anything to show for it at the end of the month. BUT I'm a very goal oriented person and really need the excitement of checking a box or crossing something off a list to excite me. So in order to ease myself back into the goal setting mindset (and to start getting some crap done), I've decided to try weekly goals at first and see if I can handle that a little better. ;)

I'm also trying to jump back on the fitness bandwagon. I've been off and on ever since I got the okay from my OB a few weeks ago to resume normal exercise. I went for walks with my son almost every day and then for some reason skipped a couple of days and fell completely off the wagon. I was also doing really well with eating right and tracking my calories and then we had a visitor from out of town, which always means more indulgent food in our house, and fell off the wagon with that as well. So, it is time. I go back to work in just over 4 weeks and I would really like to fit into/feel good about my work clothes. And I am not all about buying a completely new wardrobe in a bigger size.

Another area I'm trying to ease back into is my hobbies. Before having my son all of my time was my own. Now there's a tiny person who depends on me for his every need. Apparently that takes a lot of time. ;) I've been just barely managing to do the daily upkeep on my house (laundry, dishes, etc) but I think with a little more effort towards time management and realizing that all of the chores do not need to be done right this very second, I can bring my hobbies back as well. 

Ok, now that I've rambled on and on about all the things I have and haven't been doing...here are my goals for the rest of the week.

1. Start on the tag blanket owl for my niece.
2. Write/schedule one blog post for next week.
3. Exercise 2 times.
4. Make exercise plan for next week.
5. Make meal plan for next week.
6. Take at least one photo worthy of sharing on the blog. 

I think that's plenty seeing as how it's already Wednesday night. Here goes!

1 comment: