Sunday, February 5, 2017

All of the Thoughts

I had plans to do a weekend (or end of week wrap up) and then plans to talk about some current events and then plans to talk about money and then I realized that my brain is just going a million miles a minute and none of those topics are going to work out. So you, lucky readers, get a brain dump because all these things flying around in my head need to go somewhere and here seems just as good a place as any. Buckle up.

1. I'm having some computer issues and may need to replace my laptop soon. Honestly, I'm not terribly sad about this except that it's going to be a big expense and I'm always hesitant about big expenses. But my current laptop is a pain in the ass and hinders my ability to do things like work on the blog and I'm not saying that the reason for my absences but it certainly doesn't help. I'm using my husband's laptop right now and having a computer that works the way it's supposed to is oh so nice. I've already got some money saved up so I'll just keep on saving until I decide for sure which one I want.

2. I'm going to try and start sewing again. I really enjoy sewing but I'm not terribly good at it when I never practice. So I bought a pattern for a simple dress and some practice material on Saturday night so here goes nothing. I'd also like to make a little cosmetic bag for when I only get halfway through getting ready in the morning and have to bring a few cosmetics to work with me. (It happens more than it should.) But currently, all my bags are too big or too small and none of them are big enough to hold both cosmetics and a brush or two (if I need, say, my blush brush) without using my biggest bag, which is a pain in the ass because it's so big.

3. I'm exhausted, have I mentioned that? The last 3 weeks have been absolutely draining and I really need some time to just rest and reset before Monday. I'm going to try really hard to balance Sunday between chores, errands and just relaxing. I'm not going to be very much good to anyone if I don't hit that reset button today.

4. I'm about halfway through Chamber of Secrets on my Harry Potter re-read and though I can usually only read a page or so at night before passing out with my Kindle on my face, I am loving it. My BFF and I are re-reading together but she's had to slow down because I can't find the energy to read more than 3 pages per day right now.

5. Speaking of reading and sewing and blogging. I'm starting to find time for my hobbies again which is really nice. Thankfully my little guy goes to bed by 7:30 or 8 every night and after that is hobby time. My husband sometimes works in the wood shop while I do other things and sometimes we work on stuff together (usually separate projects in the same general vicinity) but I'm really excited to be using this time to do things other than fall asleep on the couch. ;)

6. Speaking of blogging, I've been thinking again about starting another blog. It's not that I don't like this one, but it doesn't really have a clear voice or purpose. And I've written a few times about how it both is and isn't necessary but I'm wanting a bit more out of my blog. I don't have a super clear idea about what I want it to be yet but it's something I'm thinking about so stay tuned! :)

Well that's about it. I know it was a lot of barely coherent rambling, but hopefully now that's it's all out, I can be coherent again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment